TutorialsPhotobucketSponsorsPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's Been A While

This Christmas Season has been a busy one for our family! Due to my computer crashing (and loosing pictures I had taken while garage saleing), family pictures and heading to Texas to see the in-laws for almost 3 weeks I have not been able to get out and garage sale. However I am so excited to get out this coming Saturday and post about what I find! In the mean time here are some of our family pictures. There are several things I used in our photoshoot that are from garage sales!
I have always loved the idea of a couch in a field with the mountains in the background when taking family pictures. Knowing that I would be taking family pictures soon I kept my eye out while garage saleing and found something that I loved! The couch we are sitting on is a teal antique love seat that I bought for $40 at a garage sale. My plans were to use it in our pictures and then recover it with a fabric I liked better. However, after seeing how our pictures turned out I think I am going to leave it be and maybe use it again if I ever get the chance to do someone else's family pictures.
Now on to our outfits... My cardigan is from a second hand store. I paid 3 dollars for it. I paid $1 dollar for Paisley's boots at garage sale and paid $10 for my boots at a garage sale, which are actually Jessica Simpson boots!

Most of the materials that I made my girls bows with are also from garage sales. Here is a closer look at them. The only thing that is not from a garage sale is the fabric. I have picked up all kinds of fabric at garage sales but didn't have anything that matched perfectly so I went and bought 1/8th of a yard in a matching brown and coral. My total for the fabric was less than a dollar. The Cameo in the middle of Jaysa's bow I bought for $1 dollar.


I don't exactly remember how much I paid for the center piece on Paisley's bow but I can't imagine that it was more than a dollar. The feathers on the bows are also from a garage sale. My mom picked up these boa strands for about .50 cents a piece!

My guess is that the cost of each bow was about 1.50. After going on esty to compare prices I would say thats a steal since the bows that were similar were between $15 and $30!

The mirror I used in these pictures of Paisley is also from a garage sale. I paid way more than I wanted for it but I fell in love with it when I saw it and had to have it. It was $20.

Here's a better picture of it.
I currently have it on my collage wall as an open frame with a cow skull in the middle of it..... I will be posting about that a little later!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment