TutorialsPhotobucketSponsorsPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Kitchen Renovation is complete!


My kitchen renovation is finally complete! Thanks to the One Artsy Mama Craft Contest wood round I just finished making over my island and now I can post about my entire kitchen renovation. I have divided up this post into several smaller posts because of how long the post is. Links to individual posts on my cabinets, backsplash and island are below.

One of our first projects after moving into this house was redo the cabinets. The original cabinets had great bones but needed some serious TLC to make them appealing to the eye. Before we painted them they had a pinky hue to them and NO crown molding whatsoever. Here are our before pictures.
I was so excited to get started on my island that I totally spaced the before picture! So mad at myself. Here are the best before pictures I could find.


After some hard work and a lot of love here is what our kitchen looks like today.














 





We spent a total of about $700 dollars on our kitchen renovation which is really cheap when it comes to and entire kitchen remodel. We also increased the value of our home in the process! 



I hope that you all are able to see that it is possible to give yourself that kitchen you have always wanted for a fraction of the price! I also want to say that we were really extravagant with our designs. You don't have to be! Simple improvements can be made for a little or as much as you want to spend. Just remember to shop around at some of the places you wouldn't normally go like the Restore, garage sales and tile outlets to make your dollar stretch!



17 comments:

  1. Girl, you know how to redo a kitchen! We are trudging along with our kitchen reno, making decent strides, considering what we started with, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue you are so funny Thank you so much! Keep up the hard work it will all be worth it when you are done!

      Delete
  2. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job Robin! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janiene, I love seeing your comments on here. They are always so encouraging! You're the best.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, $700! It's amazing how inexpensive things can be if you put in the work and do them yourself. Thank you for the compliment!

      Delete
  4. How elegant! I love that chandelier!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Looks amazing!

    Our kitchen has the original 80's cabinets (yuckkkk) it's the one room that hasn't been updated. There is a ton of space not being used properly and it drives me nuts! I have always been intimidated by the thought of remodeling the kitchen but maybe it's easier than I think?!? Not sure if we could salvage the cabinets though.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly,
      The kitchen reno was not hard at all. It was just a little time consuming but it all pays off in the end. I would love to see a picture of your kitchen. There are some really creative ideas out there for updating cabinets without replacing them you just have to find them. I will have to keep my eye out. I saw an awesome one the other day but can't remember what site it was on. If I remember I will let you know!

      Delete
  6. I agree with everybody here: your kitchen looks AMAZING! That old barn-vintage design is very appealing to the eye. It looks inviting! But what I like the most is the use of wood on the designs. The combination of wood and other materials turned out to be very tasteful.

    Gabrielle Jeromy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gabrielle is right. The wood is definitely the star of this renovation project! What I love about wood materials and furniture is that they give the space a rustic, natural beauty. Although some shy away from this type of material, adding wood would make the space classy in a rough way. [Katie Rogers]

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s a wonderful transformation! The countertop is what I liked the most because it matched well with your wooden cabinets. It has a rural appeal yet offers style and grace. Overall, it was fantastic! You surely did a great job on your kitchen reno. :)

    Sasha Herrick

    ReplyDelete